How to Decide on a circular saw: professional tips
- Posted by: Ngọc Trinh
- Category: tips
First of all, It’s necessary to Ascertain which circular saw is suitable for a particular job, depending on the design of the tool you will find:
- Stationary – actually a system, which is a saw mounted onto a framework. Requires free space in the workshop, and occasionally a separate room. Designed such a round saw for permanent processing of lumber, and in large volumes.
- Table – the prior version in miniature, installed on a separate workbench or table, can also be used for sawing a large volume of timber, for example, during the building of the bath.
- Guide – a mobile application, designed for processing workpieces in various planes. This is the most frequent type of circular saw, however the least powerful of this clarified. After functioning, it takes periodic break, and is utilized for sawing small amounts of substance.
Hand-held instrument is much more versatile than stationary variants. It costs considerably cheaper, but under specific conditions is able to cope with the same actions, though with less efficacy. When picking it, you ought to be guided by the criteria below.
According to the type of energy source, circular electric saws are divided into 2 classes:
- Networked – that they operate out of a domestic electric network of 220 V. If we discuss professional machines, then they require a lineup of 380 V. The disadvantage of the connection alternative – the need to have a power grid at the area of work, in addition to a hassle of operation due to the cable.
- Cordless – operate in standalone mode, additionally require the presence of a socket, but to charge the battery, therefore their radius of performance is not constrained by anything. Depending on battery power, they can work on a single charge not more than 50 minutes.
The second option is sensible to purchase only if for any reason it’s impossible to use the mains viewed. Form of work
Standard circular gears are designed for sawing wooden workpieces at different angles, however there are also special versions of this tool:
Submersible saws – come in handheld and stationary versions. moyakovka.ru Their difference is in how the saw blade at the initial position is within the workpiece, able to seep into the centre. This enables you to start cutting not with the border of this material, cut through holes.
Metal round saws are strong models that are equipped with stronger or abrasive disks. Capable of cutting sheet steel, pipes, profiles. A number of them handle wood both well.
The width of the disc directly depends upon the power of this saw’s electric engine. The more powerful the tool, the bigger the disc it’s ready to rotate, the more secure the spinning frequency of the latter, the more the length of constant operation, the less probable the wedge. Additionally, strong generators permit you to process thicker substance, but in addition they are thicker. Thus, as an instance, versions at two kW generally weigh 7 kg, while 1.2 kilowatt – about 4 kg.
According to the energy saws could be split as follows:
- Up to 0.8 kilowatt – low-powered instrument for working with small workpieces.
- 0,8-1,2 kilowatt – the instrument of average power, can cope with most household tasks.
- More than 1,2 kilowatt – generators for professional usage.
The bigger the width of the disc, the more powerful the electric motor needs to function, the thicker the workpieces the saw may use. Seating diameter is another parameter that determines whether a particular disc will match the chosen saw. The most usual standards below are 20 and 30 mm.
At greater speeds, less torque is needed for sawing, meaning dense material is a lot easier to deal with. Bear in mind that with higher RPM the warmth of this substance at the place of touch with the saw increases, the exact same laminate or plastic needs less RPM. Ideally, it’s much better to pick a saw with adjustable rate.